Jerky chicken? The unknown Who knew that an air fryer could be used to produce jerky? For this hot snack, allow extra time because the chicken needs to marinade and air fried.
Spicy Chicken Jerky in the Air Fryer
2 (5 ounce) boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
½ cup mojo criollo marinade (such as Goya®)
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
6 wooden skewers
- In a sealable plastic bag, combine the chicken strips, marinade, and Cajun seasoning. For eight to twelve hours, refrigerate.
- Skewers should be slightly overlapping the edge of the air fryer basket and should fit across it. Remove any extra length.
- For 10 minutes, preheat the air fryer to 180 degrees F (80 degrees C).
- While the air fryer is heating up, thread chicken strips onto skewers, leaving space between each strip.
- For one and a half hours, air fry. Most air fryers have a maximum setting of 30 minutes, so adjust the cooking duration accordingly. During the reset period, position the skewers.
- Add 15 more minutes of air frying at 200 degrees F (95 degrees C) higher temperature.
- Transfer the strips to a storage container lined with paper towels. Seal. before, let it rest all night.