This rich and comfortable dish for slow cooker beef stew is made with potatoes, carrots, celery, stock, herbs, and spices. Saying “yum” won’t take long for you.
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 ½ cups beef broth
4 medium carrots, sliced
3 medium potatoes, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon ground paprika
1 clove garlic, minced
1 large bay leaf
- Add the meat to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and pepper. Stir the meat after pouring the sauce over it.
- Stir in the beef broth, along with the carrots, potatoes, onion, celery, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, garlic, and bay leaf.
- On Low for 8 to 12 hours or on High for 4 to 6 hours, cover and cook the meat until it can be sliced with a spoon.
- close-up, aerial shot of a blue and white bowl filled with beef stew from a slow cooker and accompanied by a piece of crusty bread